- Updated 12/8/16 with my review and Heart Rate Monitor data!
The new Core De Force program featuring Joel Freeman and Jericho McMatthews as trainers launched on November 1, 2016! Here is everything you need to know to see if this is right for you.
Who is Core De Force For?
This program is for you if:
- You enjoyed the discontinued Les Mills Combat
- You missed out on Combat and wish you had it
- You are looking for a program that requires no equipment, and is all cardio and body weight training (like Focus T25)
- You enjoy workouts like P90X Kenpo, and P90X3 MMX
- 12/8/16: You desire the calorie burn performance of Insanity without all the crazy jumping
What Kind of Calorie Burn Should I Expect?
12/8/16: I’ve completed every workout and I was amazed at how high these workouts got my heart rate. Here is a snapshot of how Core De Force ranks against many other Beachbody programs in my HRM database:
To review my actual Heart Rate Monitor data for each routine (including calories burned), please read What is the Hardest Beachbody Program.
What is Included in Each Kit?
Here is a helpful graphic that explains what is included in both the Base Kit and the Deluxe Kit.
Core De Force Workout Descriptions
Here are descriptions of each workout. I’ve added my own commentary in red to the workout descriptions:
- MMA Speed: Upper body and core-focused, this boxing influenced workout is short-but packs a serious punch. Basically this is the beginner workout.
- MMA Shred: Kick things up a notch with Muay-Thai-inspired elbows and kicks for a total-body shred that’ll lean you out fast. This routine has become a favorite of everyone in my groups just like T25’s Speed 2.0.
- MMA Power: Using explosive and defensive style movements in this fast-paced cardio conditioning workout will help you carve a tight lean body. At 47 minutes this is the absolute highest calorie burner in the program.
- MMA Plyo: What happens when you combine boxing, Muay Thai and plyometrics into one workout? You’ll knockout hundreds of calories and spike your fat burn into overdrive. The forward and rearward movement will make you feel like a real fighter.
- Power Sculpt: A total-body burner that uses explosive power and interval training to sculpt lean muscle and build next-level endurance. Tough combinations of standing moves and floor moves.
- Dynamic Strength: Low on impact, but high on intensity, you’ll carve impressive definition with this no-equipment, bodyweight throwdown. This workout has become known as push-up city with the nearly impossible move called “Sphinx Blasters”.
- Active Recovery: Recharge for the week ahead with this rest day workout that focuses on form and technique to fight muscle stiffness and soreness.
- CORE DE FORCE Relief: Prepare for the next day’s workout with this quick 5-minute, before-bed stretch session.
- Core Kinetics: A unique core workout inspired by Mixed Martial Arts movements to target every part of your core. This is one of the hardest core workouts I’ve done.
- 5 Min Core On the Floor: The ultimate core finisher-5 challenging plank movements to bring your abs out of hiding. The challenge is to move through the 5 plank moves without touching down–not easy!
- MMA Mashup (BONUS DISK ONLY AVAILABLE FROM A COACH): All the best CORE DE FORCE moves in one killer workout! From addictive boxing and Muay Thai combos to strength and plyo burners, this challenging workout will leave you drenched-and wanting more. A great medley that includes one round from each of the other Base Kit routines.
- Agility Strength: Combine fast footwork drills with bodyweight to improve coordination and blast major calories. You move so fast up and down the agility ladder that I registered my highest average heart rate in this routine.
- Agility Power: Grab your agility ladder and rip through multi-functional training that ignites every muscle and shreds fat for serious definition. Short, and by the end you’ll be saying “thank God”.
- MMA Kick Butt: Carve lean legs and sculpted glutes with a non-stop mix of powerful kicks and calorie-scorching conditioning spikes. Great workout for practicing the various kicks.
How Much Does It Cost?
Ahh, the $64 question:
US Pricing (not including Club 10% or Coach 25% discounts)
- Base Kit : $59.85
- Deluxe Kit: $119.70
- Shakeology Challenge Pack: $160, $140 if still on SALE
- Energize and Recover Pack: $160,$140 if still on SALE
Canada Pricing (not including Club 10% or Coach 25% discounts)
- Base Kit: $73.85
- Deluxe Kit: $146.70
- Shakeology Challenge Pack: $186, $164 if still on SALE
- Energize and Recover Pack: $186, $164 if still on SALE
We are running two private groups, one on Facebook and another outside Facebook with the dedicated Beachbody Challenge Tracker App. Contact me for instructions how to join one of the groups!